Sunday, November 04, 2007

RE: From the Wanderling

Hello Flappers, if there ae any of you left out there. This blog dose appear to be dead. So sad as it was once so good but we all wanted to do our own things as well.

Anyway... I want to touch on something that I brought up back in March, the last time I thought this forum was dieing. The Wanderling, He actualy contacted me about that post in particular.

On March 05, 2007 you responded to an invition to contribute to Flapping Mouths, stating you were pretty excited for the invitation. You then went on to suggesting a few topics of which one went like:

"I would like to hear every body's thoughts on the Wanderling, I think he has set up an amazing intricate web nebula that I can get lost in constantly."

That same day MikeDoe responded with:

"Some of the Wanderling's stuff is waaay to technical for me but I have found a lot of it to be extremely useful."

Followed by another reply from Anatman who wrote:

"Thanks for the post. I read quite a bit of The Wanderling's writing around 1999. At that time, I found it very intriguing. Much of his writing about Buddhism was helpful, but at the same time I was skeptical about his apparent fascination with esoteric, "new age" type topics like Carlos Castaneda, shamanism, UFOs, etc."

"I also have to wonder why he seems to want to build an aura of mystique around himself, and why he seems to promote the idea of "ultimate enlightenment."

If interested, for your own personal edification, a semi-clarification could be in the offering.

Bowing in deference,

W


When it comes to navigating the links I tend to think that you will find whatever you are looking for. I was never interested in UFO's so I click right past them. No harm done. If you are looking for ultimate enlightenment, you will find it in the Wanderlings links and if it is not what you thought it would be, you will likely be disappointed.

Any how, for those interested in the what the Wandering has to say on just about anything just go to good ole' Google type "Wanderling" and the subject you are interested in. Or just sit in Zazen and you will figure out the important stuff for yourself eventually anyway.

May all be well and happy,
Jordan

Labels:

7 Comments:

At November 07, 2007, Blogger Jinzang said...

I always thought the Wanderling was just a master bullshitter. But I could be wrong. He talks from a Neo-Advaitin perspective, which is different than Zen. It's the difference between true self and non-self.

 
At November 07, 2007, Blogger Anatman said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At November 08, 2007, Blogger Anatman said...

I would be very interested in a discussion with the Wanderling, whether through this blog or another vehicle. Jordan, if you are still communicating with him, please extend an invitation to him to be a contributor to this blog.

 
At November 10, 2007, Blogger SlowZen said...

Anatman,
I tried to e-mail you at the address I had, but it did not ssm to go through.

The Wanderling actualy has a myspace profile and you can contact him through there.

I too think it would be great If we could engage him here.

 
At November 12, 2007, Blogger Anatman said...

Hi Jordan:

I got your email, and just responded. Thanks for that.

 
At November 15, 2007, Blogger gniz said...

sounds like fun...lets get him on here and liven things up!

aaron

www.gangstazen.blogspot.com

 
At October 01, 2012, Blogger Unknown said...

How can I read the wanderling writings that are being discussed, or where?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home