Sunday, April 30, 2006

Ah, patience.



At last!
We had an emergence this morning from a chrysalis on our cassia, and finally got this glimpse of the butterfly drying his wings. Of course, since their cool little green morph-pods are so very camo, we've managed to spot many more empty chrysalises after the butterflies had emerged. There are at least a half dozen of these guys flitting about out yard, as well as monarchs and some other flutter-bys. It is funny how thrilled I am about this! The other fascinating wonderment-ness about these yellow butterflies is that not only are the chrysalises the exact green of the leaves of the tree, but the wing color is the same as the color of the yellow flowers in autumn and the same yellow as the leaves turn before they fall from the tree (yes, the caterpillars are yellow and green and feed on the tree- ya are what ya eat!). Additionally, in the evening when the tree folds its leaves up, the folded shape of the leaves is the same shape as the butterflies' wings. Ah! Evolution! Ah! Non-Design-Designed Universe!

PS- I have really been enjoying the flurry of recent posts.



5 Comments:

At May 01, 2006, Blogger Derek (formerly 'me') said...

Thanks! It's great to see the follow-through. Beautiful.

 
At May 01, 2006, Blogger Siren said...

Happy you liked it. My husband has created an amazing, lush/wild garden around our house, and now in its second year all manner of life is springing forth!

 
At May 02, 2006, Blogger aumeye said...

Sorry to use the comments feature for this, but I am at a loss. Has the home page changed suddenly for anyone? Mine is all screwy. I am trying to determine if something happened with my computer settings, or if there is a problem with the site. Thanks!

 
At May 02, 2006, Blogger aumeye said...

Thank you, flux. Not the answer I was hoping for, but at least I now know something has likely messed up the settings on my computer. At least regarding this site. Now, if only I was a bit more computer savvy. Oh well.

 
At May 02, 2006, Blogger aumeye said...

Flux ~ After the last post, I removed the link to the home page for Flapping Mouths, which was saved on my carousel, and replaced it with a different entry to the site. This appears to have removed the problem. Hopefully, it will remain gone. If I encounter it again, I will read your instructions for taking a screenshot, and ask for help. You are so kind to follow-up with me; I was feeling quite frustrated. It was so weird. Suddenly some of the posts were in a different language. And there were several copies of Ryunin's open letter to Brad post, below the other posts, and they, too, were in another language and a huge font. In addition to all this, all the contributors names were gone. I actually wish I could show it to you (though not enough to want the problem to return!). Thank You, again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home