Saturday, March 11, 2006

Landslide of changes

Landslide
By Stevie Nicks
-----
I took my love and took it down
I climbed a mountain, I turned around
And I saw my reflection in a snow covered hill
'til a landslide brought it down

Oh, mirror in the sky, what is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Well, I've been afraid of changing cause I've
Built my life around you
Time makes you bolder
Even children get older
And I'm getting older, too
I'm getting older, too

I took my love and took it down
I climbed a mountain, I turned around
And if you see my reflection in the snow covered hill
The landslide brought it down
The landslide brought it down
-----

Soooooo... I'm sailing through my own changing ocean tides right now, and unfortunately I need to focus my time and energy on other things for a while. Sorry everyone. Fortunately, you've got a great person to pick up the slack where I'm dropping it. Anatman is the newly-appointed illustrious leader of Flapping Mouths, and will be taking over all administrative responsibilities. I'll drop in as I have time, and occasionally post comments, etc. but Anatman will be running the show.

-Jules

2 Comments:

At March 11, 2006, Blogger aumeye said...

Jules ~ Stevie Nicks and Landslide are forever favorites of mine. What a perfect way to introduce your announcement about leaving your position with this blog that you so kindly created and generously attended to. I feel a little sad that your voice may not be heard here as often as it has been, for you, like the aforementioned Stevie, are one of my favorites.

An early thank you to Anatman for taking the helm. Good luck.

And Jules, continued wishes to you for a clear and light path leading to a joyous and peaceful destination.

 
At March 12, 2006, Blogger Anatman said...

"Anatman is the newly-appointed illustrious leader of Flapping Mouths"

As we discussed, Jules, please feel free to lift this responsibility from my shoulders at any moment. I hope you do visit and post often.

I see my role here as janitor or floor-sweeper more than anything else.

The only difference now will be that we will not have the pleasure of seeing Jules' frequent posts. I, for one, will miss them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home